Corporate meditation for work teams and companies
For entrepreneurs and managers, Inite offers time-saving and effective solutions to improve teamwork: corporate meditation. Just 20 minutes of practice help support employee productivity, increase synergy, and prevent burnout. With Inite, it is possible to track each employee’s progress, motivate them to practice daily, and organize team meditations. After the practice, members share thoughts and insights for work projects or intra-team relationships.
Working hours are a case where “more” does not always mean “better.” Regular overwork depletes employees' resources. What's next? A professional who has worked non-stop for several years will burn out sooner or later.
This problem is widespread globally. According to average statistics, about 17 million people face chronic fatigue syndrome worldwide: the most frequent consequence of overtime hours and tight task schedules. And in Japan, whose citizens are famous for their workaholism, there is even a new word: “karoshi,” which translates to “death by overworking.”
As of 2019, occupational burnout syndrome is included in the International Classification of Diseases, which means that it is officially recognized as a factor that affects health. According to surveys, 75% of employees worldwide have experienced burnout at least once, and 58% of them wouldn’t tell their boss about burnout and depression.
Employees experiencing burnout are less productive, are more likely to take sick leave, and are more likely to quit. This is a significant risk area for the company. Here are just some of the effects of employee burnout on business:
- Business processes break down. Employees who do their job poorly pass on an incomplete product to their colleagues. As a result, the quality of teamwork declines.
- The company is losing profits. One unproductive employee costs the company more than a productive one, as they work at half-strength and do not show the expected results.
- Negative PR. An employee who has experienced burnout is likely to leave negative feedback about your company.
- Burnout is contagious. Psychologists note that negative emotions spread quickly in the team.
That is why treating and preventing burnout is a task not only for employees but also for executives. For this purpose, various corporate tools aimed at relaxation both outside the workplace and during the working day are implemented.
The practice of meditation is no longer only a part of personal development: it is increasingly being introduced within large companies and small teams. Meditation at the corporate level is practiced by giants such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, and Amazon.
Executives at major Silicon Valley IT companies are meeting with Buddhist teachers and implementing their methods within the team.
Among the clinically proven effects of meditation that are crucial for teamwork, these are the most important:
- Increased stress resistance. Through meditation, one learns to consciously manage negative emotions and intrusive thoughts, which leads to better coordination in stressful situations.
- Improvement of cognitive abilities. Meditation cleans the operative memory of the mind, which increases the productivity of thinking.
- Balance. Mindfulness practices lead to a better understanding of oneself and one's needs. This automatically helps to prevent overload and other stressful situations.
- Increased concentration. Since one of the critical goals in meditation is a strong focus of attention (on an object, idea, or activity), this ability is quickly pumped up.
- Attunement with others. Meditation affects the brain centers responsible for empathy. The practice of team meditation leads to a better understanding within the group and to productive teamwork.
The most remarkable thing is that the effects of meditation are long-lasting. It impacts the brain similarly that regular exercises impact the muscles. According to neurobiological research, people who regularly practice meditation have an increased prefrontal cortex: the area of the brain responsible for thinking.
After the practice, members share thoughts and insights to use them for work projects or intra-team relationships.
- Meditate individually or in a group
Use Inite for effective and time-saving relaxation. Include 20 minutes of daily meditation in your employees' paid time
- Make it a game
Engage your employees in meditation and track their KPI with exciting gamified mechanics
- Get ideas for your business
Save the insights and feedback that participants share after the meditation and implement them in the work processes